Monday, August 9, 2021

c_fioridev_21 Certification experience

With the rampant implementation of SAP HANA globally, it is inevitable that everyone will move to Fiori as the front end. I knew that I have to take baby steps and remain persistent at the same time.

My preparation started in the last quarter of 2020 by training(since learning is better when you train) for my IBM ABAP project colleagues who are working remotely from the Philippines. Covid was not a hindrance and felt more productive through Webex. I took sessions on the following topics(each 30 mins and uploaded to IBM lighthouse).

  1. oData:                                16 sessions
  2. HTML,CSS, JavaScript: 19 sessions
  3. Fiori & SAPUI5:               22 sessions

Fiori and SAPUI5 sessions were taken during the first quarter of this year(2021)

The 22 sessions on SAPUI5 were focused on understanding the walkthrough which is available in the documentation part of  https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/.

 

By this time I felt that I am confident enough to tackle the Fiori certification. However, I had to take a break from Fiori and SAPUI5  due to another training related to IBM consulting academy which lasted for 7 weeks.

After this period I was able to get a free certification voucher from IBM( by Emailing about my story related to my preparation ) on the condition that I will get certified on or before 26 Aug 2021.

 

In order to pass the exam, we are expected to read and learn the following books from the SAP learning hub

 

UX402 (316 pages)

UX410 (250 pages)

UX403 (295 pages)

UX100(210 pages)

 

Due to the overwhelming number of pages, I decided to focus only on UX402 and UX410 since the topic breakup conveys that I can score approximately 80% with those alone.

 

With 2 months remaining, I started reading only to realized that what I knew is only the tip of the iceberg. It was a classical "Dunning Kruger effect" (psychology). I started reading slowly planning to cover 20 pages per day to digest the concepts properly. I also started looking into many youtube videos and opensap.com video courses at the same time.

 

I scheduled my first attempt 20 days before my second attempt so that I can prepare accordingly once again if I fail. However, with focus and dedication, I was able to gain confidence and clear it in the first attempt with a 76% score.


Following is the breakup of my score

1
Elements and SmartControls        
78%
2
Deployment and Testing
83%
3
SAP Fiori Architecture Overview
100%
4
SAPUI5 Foundations
81%
5
SAP Fiori Strategy, Standards and Guideline    
89%
6
oData and Advanced Data Handling
57%
7
Extensibility in SAPUI5
57%
8
SAP HANA Cloud Platform and Web IDE Basics
100%
9
LaunchPad Configuration
75%

Challenges I faced while preparing


  1. Trail version of Cloud-based SAP Web IDE was no more available after June 30 2021 and it became impossible to practice and revisit the coding.
  2. Had to learn to use the Trial version of the SAP Business Application studio from scratch.
  3. Practice exercises and practice server related to UX402 & UX410 is not available in SAP Learning HUB.
  4. Learning Room (SAP User Experience ) doesn't seem to be very active or contributive.

Other learning Resources I utilized


  1. Opensap.com: SAP Fiori Overview: Design, Develop and Deploy
  2. Opensap.com: Build Your Own SAP Fiori App in the Cloud – 2016 Edition
  3. Opensap.com: Understanding SAP Fiori Launchpad
  4. Opensap.com: Evolved Web Apps with SAPUI5
  5. Opensap.com: Introduction to SAP Fiori UX
  6. Youtube: Anubhav Oberoy
  7. Youtube: UI5 Community Network
  8. Youtube: Genuine Programmer
  9. Youtube: Nabheet Madhan
  10. Youtube: OpenUI5
  11. Practice exercises related to SAP Screen persona, UI Theme designer, Catalog, Groups, and Tiles in Fiori launchpad in SAP Learning Hub.

Conclusion:


In my previous two certification experiences relate to ABAP HANA and modeling in SAP HANA, learning was easier since practice exercises are well structured and learning rooms in the SAP learning hub have valuable contributions.

 

Hope my experience will benefit those who are seeking a similar goal. Cheers.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog. Alwin. It would really useful for people to take the Certification

    ReplyDelete