Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My experience with a Murderer.

 8/2/2017: Today I heard the shocking NEWS about the mystery of the missing 7 year old girl.
She was murdered by a mechanical engineer aged 22 for reason not clear. Could have either  been a rape or an attempt to demand ransom.

In my office there was a heavy discussion about this incident and due to my busy work, I did not focus on it, though I had skimmed through the topic on some news website.

As I was cycling back home I started connecting the dots.
Age 22.....Mechanical engineer.....Near greens super market....
could it be.......

I reached home to tell my wife that this guy sounds exactly like the guy with whom I have been playing badminton for the past 2 years. After verifying the name we were both shocked. Yes it was him!!!


Flash back 2 years ago....


I had been playing badminton regularly for few months in a recently opened badminton court, few meters away from my apartment.
This guy was also a part of the routine and knowing that I am a good player he would bet with others in the court that he will defeat me in a match.

Against me(probably only against me), he was always getting defeated, but his aggression and never say die attitude ( the way he used to run, dive and fall ) was fascinating for the on lookers to the extent that anyone  would wonder; is he Mad?.

He was a good player with over emotion, that would make many think that he is a psycho( which made it fun and interesting for me ).

Probably his determination to improve his badminton skills made him call me regularly to play at 7 PM in the evening.

This went on for few month when suddenly he would disappear and appear after a short/long hiatus.

Due to following reasons he used to disappearing and appear  in between

  1. Took an overdose of paracetamol due to a love failure. He was admitted in hospital for that reason for many days.(He told me)
  2. Had a bike accident and had to stitch his legs(evident)
  3. Was taken to the police station by his lovers' parents.(He told me)
  4. Was beaten-up by the local people for visiting his girlfriend against the wishes of her parents(He told me)
  5. Had another bike accident which affected his knee cap.(evident)


Most recently we were playing regularly during the last quarter of 2016. But after a month, again he stopped appearing in the badminton court.

Last week our common badminton colleague( I will name him R), revealed that this guy had stolen his bike and through CCTV he was caught and beaten up by lawyers(not police) until he admitted his guilt.

According to R, this guy never showed any sign of remorse when he was being beaten up continuously for 2 hours.

Today……

Looking back at all the odd behavior and  incidents  that he had gone through, it was predictable that he is becoming extremely unpredictable and deranged. 

PS: I am deleting the part where I have made a judgment that his parents should have taken necessary precaution. I think, it is not right for me to make such judgment since I don't know about their relationship which spanned 22 years.

14/02/2017: I saw many comments that he should be hanged in social media. The intention of hanging ( according to many ) is to scare the perpetrators. I am not sure if that can be applied in this case, since he was mentally unstable, from the routine that I have observed (though not conclusive).

He was also capable enough to plan each and every act of disguising himself as a good neighbor searching for the lost kid along with the police in the initial few days. That makes also makes us wonder, isn't it planned and deliberate.

Even though I have seen him for 2 years, I never understood him properly.  I hope that police with necessary investigation can lead them to right conclusion for the appropriate punishment.

I also hope that it is not like a case in the English movie " The Shawshank redemption".

No comments:

Post a Comment